Customer Login
Rv insurance 2017-12-07T15:51:55+00:00


Recreational vehicles include a wide variety of motor-homes from camper-van to bus conversions, and organized by class. Your RV insurance will depend on the class of your vehicle, how much you use it, whether you live in it full time, as well as some other factors.

It is important to know what class of RV you will fall in:

Class A: this class includes models such as the luxury coach, converted bus, and motor coach. This RV can be up to 75 feet long.

Class B: This is the smallest class of RV’s commonly referred to as the van camper. They look very much like an over-sized van. Inside the van is tall enough for standing room, and can include a kitchen, living room, and a bathroom even though it is very small.

Class C: This class includes vehicles that use a standard cargo van as the driving portion of the RV, and the camper portion extends over the cab area. This class covers fifth wheel vehicles.

RV insurance covers many of the similar risks that auto insurance does, like collision, comprehensive, and liability coverage. You can also get additional protection for your personal belongings on board, equipment, and attached accessories such as awnings and satellite dishes.

RV insurance protects you, as a recreational vehicle owner, from excessive out of pocket costs in the event of a loss or if you are at fault in an accident that causes bodily injury or property damage. It can also provide compensation if you have a roadside breakdown.

The amount of RV insurance you will need depends on several factors:

• The requirements of the state in which you reside

• The class of motor-home you own

• Where you will be traveling, and whether you will cross State/Country borders

• Whether you are using it part time or living in it full time

• Whether you have custom features on your motor-home that can result in higher repair costs